• show-popup

Product / Service Skymiles
Location Vancouver, British Columbia
Category Airlines
Views 19

1st week of Feb 2012, I was browsing Delta's Skymiles page to redeem my miles for a 1night stay at a hotel. Logged in a few days later and can no longer hotel options. Only air and magazine subrscriptions. I email their customer service dept and was informed that as of Feb10, they've changed their policy. Non-US Skymiles acct holders no longer have access to hotel and car rental redemption. I was annoyed because if we had purchased additional miles, we would've been hooped. I went back to the newsletters I get from them every month and there was no notification of such change. A customer service supervisor got back to me with this email - Thank you for your e-mail. We regret any misunderstanding that may have occurred concerning our procedures.

We have again reviewed the matter; unfortunately there is nothing we can
add to what has already been stated in our previous correspondence.
Respectfully, we must decline your request. Please know that any
further communications would be repetitive and likely would not prove to
be productive. As such, we will not be responding to this matter again.

Please accept our apology for the unfavorable impression you received in
this instance. We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always
consider it a privilege to be of service. 3049ef8

Comments (1) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 26, 2012
The "there is nothing we can do" seems to be their go-to line. Twenty five days out, I want to move a flight up one day(non weekend)....the "fee" is more than cost of original ticket!?! Prohibited to change my ticket, and naturally can't cancel it either (well you can, but they'll happily keep your full fare). Done with Delta!!!!
Reply to Motopimp

Read next Delta Airlines complaint

Delta Airlines! We just want our miles. We only...

Watch the video about our delta complaint.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWdNoh8a4mEDear Customer Care,...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Delta Airlines.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug