• show-popup

Company Debt Arbitrators
Product / Service Debt Arbitration
Category Advertisements and Cons
Views 202

I received a letter in the mail May 2013 from a company calling themselves Debt Arbitrators (DA) located 15851 Dallas Pkwy Ste 600 Addison, TX 75001 phone number 1-800-400-6750.They claimed I had credit card balances in excess of $25,000 that they could settle for me through mediation for $14,250 by sending in monthly payments of $445.83.

The odd thing is they addressed it to my maiden name and I have zero credit card debt. All of my cards combined wouldn't even amount to $25,000 even if I maxed them all out. Google searched the company and discovered they are a scam. They use the name of legitimate law firms to trick people into sending them money, but the law firms have no knowledge of these contracts.

If you get one of these letters with a seasonal catalog beware.If you call the number do not agree to sign up for anything or they will take your money and do nothing for you. 2d4470b

Comments (5) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 11, 2013
They are definitely a scam and I reported them to US Postal Inspection: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactus/filecomplaint.aspx
Reply to Willnotbescammed

Sep 27, 2013  from Fort Worth, Texas
Here's what I rec'ed from DA, 15851 Dallas Pkwy Ste. 600, Addison, TX 75001; 1-800-500-0204. Ref#: BKD-15508; Est. creditor balance: $15,000 (very convenient amount); Projected settlement offer: $8,550; They mentioned a 2013 summer catalogue (something I never heard of) and a "Est. program pmt.: $335. As of last May of this year, I retired at 69 and went on SS Benefits. Soon after these threats started arriving. It's funny because I paid off all of my credit card bills in May. All I have is a mortgage, a vehicle, utility and living expenses. No cards have been physically stolen but the numbers could be. Definitely a scam. GSR, Fort Worth, TX.
Reply to raygun

Sep 17, 2013
This is a SCAM. Unforgettably I fell for it and lost $1,000.00! The woman that tries to sign you up when you call is Lorie Magner (972-202-5294 or 800-500-3861). Do NOT fall for this SCAM!
Reply to Fooled by Debt Arbitrators

Dec 11, 2013
So sorry you got scammed. I received a smilar letter and reported them to the US Postal Inspection at https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactus/filecomplaint.aspx
Reply to Willnot bescammed

Jun 19, 2013
Received one in the mail today do not owe anything they stated i pay my bills every month so i know its a bs scam to get my persoonal info.
Reply to not a fool

Read next Debt Arbitrators complaint

Letter received ....

The letter addressed to my husband and contained false information regarding debt they said we owed....

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Debt Arbitrators.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug