• show-popup

Shares 0

CR England, the truth behind the scam.

• by   Aug 23, 2010
  • 35 comments
  • Review #: 195330
Company CR England
Product / Service Work Conditions
Location Oceanside, California
Category Ex Employees
Views 823

My husband found CR England through an online search engine and was pulled in by their flashy enrolement form.He filled everything out and waited for a call back hoping he might be one of those "select few" to meet the qualifications.

Sure enough 24 hours later he did get a call back, we should have known something was up when the "Overly Nice" female recruiter ran over everything just like a tele-marketer. She pitched everything with the "it's your lucky day!" attitude and told him slots where filling up but she could reserve him a spot in their "top of the line" school today. She told him going to the school was free and they took care of all the fees and he would have a job with them after it was over, all he needed to do was pay 64.00 for the DMV licence. Well she left out the other 136.00 for everything else which he had to pay "On arival" and get this, "they could send you home right there and you don't get any of the money back." So after they bussed him out to the middle of nowhere he found out that your not ensured a job at all, they're "evaluating" if they want to hire you.

You will drive for 3-4 months "in evaluation" before they will even let you know if your an employee or not and the whole time your not getting paid for the runs, they give you 64.00 a day!. That 430.00 a week isn't yours to take home you end up with between 50.00 and 65.00 a week, they take out fees for the school your still in plus health insurance. Wait, the "free" school? Yep, it's not free at all far from it but heres the kicker, they get 8000.00 from the state for you going to "their school".

So when your "paying them back" your really just lining there pockets with extra cash. So lets say you get dropped for whatever reason, you have to find your own way back because they'll kick you out of the kennel.. I mean hotel.. your in within a hour and there isn't anything within a 20 mile radious and its 110+ degrees outside.

Now if your lucky enough to get kicked out before 5:45 in the morning you might be able to go the 20 miles and get on a Grey Hound or train for 31.00 to 50.00 bucks and that's if their kind enough to drive you back. So you go through the two weeks of speed training and now you get your cdl, if you have a family don't expect to be seeing them anytime soon because they will use you as a work horse during your "evaluation" to get as many runs out of you as they possibly can because your not getting paid for them. Hopefully your family has another source of income because your not going to be making Sh** and after your "evaluation". If they don't drop you they'll push you to take over their lease and unless your leasing they wont give you enough runs to live on.

Even after you start leasing they only give you enough runs to cover their payment its the same thing as before but now you pay for "Everything!" It wasn't my husbands fault, he just got sucked in. He took this job to put food on the table and keep a roof over the kids heads but instead they're working him to death, the kids won't see him for another 3+ months and are heart broken and now we have to go live with my mother just to make ends meat.

Bu** Sh**!CR England is a scam!! 30802c6

Comments (35) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 35 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 06, 2012  from San Antonio, Texas
hello all,

I already have my license but I havn't driven in 10 years. When I did drive I only drove for 3 months. I am going to go to CR England for 1 year to gain the experience I need to come back and work for the oil companies in South Tx. I will not lease from them. Do you still think I wont make any money? I know for sure that I won't make any money the first 3 months, but after that? CR England said they would put me in a 10 day non paid program refresher, after that i would go with a trainer at 430 a week before taxes. after they deem me worthy of being solo they will release me to make between 500-600 a week. If they are such a crummy company, can you recommend anywhere else to go and apply?

Thanks, Aurora
Reply to aurora

Oct 28, 2012
do not work for them and do not train for them you will not get paid. and there is a class action suit agnint them please, look it up, my brother is apart of that class action suit but lost his papers. try to find everything I am here to tell you at 100% CR England is a scam. now if you just want to get your cdl,and move on and if you can handle the rough talking truck drivers,and dirty places to stay. then get in and get out.and fing a company that will hire you.from the training you get from C R England,that will treat you with respect I know they will not.
Reply to wb

Oct 23, 2012
Just STAY AWAY FROM CR ENGLAND CDL A TRAINING . DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS IS FOR FREE OR ANY OTHER OFFER FROM THEM OK !!! BEFORE YOU GET MORE PROBLEMS AND THAT MAKE YOU STUCK REAL WELL.ALSO YOU WILL RESPONSIBLE FOR LEASING A TRUCK AT 100% FROM YOUR POCKET TO FIX UP WHATEVER AND WHENEVER THE TRUCK BROKE DOWN ON YOU , THE COMPANY WON'T PAY FOR YOU OR HELP YOU OUT FOR ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS YOU GET OR YOU HAVE !!! SO, STAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN .....!! ALL THEY DO IS MAKING MORE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES AND NOTHING TO CARE ABOUT YOU FOLKS !!! AND NOW, GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!.....
Reply to Frank12

Aug 29, 2012
I work for them now, just riding out the six months an I was gone, just wanted a license an job history, c r England use it as a stepping stone, not a permanent job, their like credit, play the game and cash out. Its true the instructors just teach u to pass the test u get ur experience on the road when ur ALONE!
Reply to anthony

Jun 28, 2012
iwas run off the road by a drunk driver my reward was to be let go while in hostipol]instead of letting the drunk driver hit or me hit them i protected cr from a wrongful death suit now because of them and my dac i having trouble getting a job ty england they want clones and not people who can think on their feet stay far faaaar away from them
Reply to billi

May 07, 2012
I too had very bad luck with them.
I am still working on how to get an 80,000 dollar truck thing off my credit. Even after returning it to them they put it on there anyways. I would have nothing good to say about England.
Reply to Bad Luck

Dec 24, 2011
i got robbed by these people too , for 18mnths my truck made 170,000.00 for the yr i made less than 14k and am responsible for all the taxes ...... GO FIGURE :upset
Reply to bigazhell 310

Dec 24, 2011
Reply to bigazhell 310

Dec 11, 2011
as a former student use it as a school. its a school. what do you do after you graduate you get out. you dont stick around. as far as training goes some instructors are grate and they tell you they are not teaching you how to drive a truck. they are just teaching you how to pass the state test. 3 simple backs. as far as the price they never said it was free, the price goes up and down every month. oh after you get your cdl and drive for thirty days you can train someone eles. wow 30 days.
Reply to phuck england

Nov 11, 2011
I wish that some of your comments either made sense or were less than a novel in length so that I could get a real sense of what their training is like. I am in agreement that most schooling or training isn't free and requires sacrifice and dedication, especially in the beginning, so I'm just feeling a "wah wah for you" coming on for those commenters determined to "make them pay" for their mess they are in. Really....is there, or isn't there a need for CDL drivers right now? If there is not then I will seek training in another field. Can anyone answer truthfully without all your personal woes and complaining that its not doing what YOU think it should? Can a person make a decent living being a CDL driver?
Reply to Joe F

Sep 20, 2011
My husband pay CR England $ 2,000. cash for the training... So you go through the two weeks of speed training and now you get your cdl, if you have a family don't expect to be seeing them anytime soon because they will use you as a work horse during your "evaluation" to get as many runs out of you as they possibly can because your not getting paid for them?. Hopefully your family has another source of income because your not going to be making Sh** and after your "evaluation"!. If they don't drop you they'll push you to take over their lease and unless your leasing they wont give you enough runs to live on/. Even after you start leasing they only give you enough runs to cover their payment its the same thing as before but now you pay for "Everything!" It wasn't my husbands fault, he just got sucked in.. He took this job to put food on the table and keep a roof over our heads but instead they're working him to death, the family won't see him for another 3+ months Bu** Sh**! CR England is a scam!! The training people are not well educated to do this kind of job, most of them are not qualified to do this kind of job. :( :cry :cry
Reply to XB

Sep 20, 2011
Reply to XB

Sep 13, 2011
I WENT DONT DO IT FIND ANOTHER COMPANY YOU WONT MAKE NO MONEY
Reply to RICHARD

Sep 07, 2011
Guys wish me luck, I am going to start training with CR England this week...hearing all this stuff makes me worry a lot...but i will sure post my opinion soon i am done with training.....
Reply to Somali Dude

Sep 04, 2011
I'm thinking about going to school for CR England. Someone plese let me know if this is a good idea. ive read all the comments...but i need to know from someone who has been there recently...are they still apporate like they used to?
Reply to Mike

Sep 01, 2011
CRE is a scam. thanks to the lies they fed my husbend in oct,2010 up to now aug 2011. my family is now broke, about to lose everything already have no gas, no car, scraping by for food. we never see my husbend. can't by my medications, so im sick from my chrons again. cant go to doctors. the list goes on and on and on. this company is a joke. THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOME WAY TO SHUT THE DOWN!!!! we have 3 children one who is disabled, and im sick as well and thanks to this company we cant pay our bills or feed ourselves.Im determined to find away for them to pay for this :( :? :( :?
Reply to DONE

Aug 25, 2011
Cr has a good school and if you want to learn and have the attitude to want to learn how to drive then Cr is the place to go as they also train for other companies. As with any company who trains, well it is school by the way and not many schools pay you, but CR does, maybe not much but if you keep your mouth shut, not complain and do what is ask of you then you will get thru school. Once that is done all you have to do is not complain again, pick up and deliver on time, very simple and do not take advances and live off of your own money. Be smart
Reply to three

Aug 23, 2011
SOME people have a good experience at England, most do not. We *** and moan on forums like this to warn others that this is not a good company to work for, and their school is a joke. Come on, how much are you learning when they give you all the answers. If you make it thru school, and their training, they call you the 'creme of the crop'. Then if you don't lease, they start making it hard for you to stay or survive. You can communicate with your DM all day long. Big Whoop. They are too big to care. Whenever I see the sign 'We appreciate our drivers' I want to puke.
Reply to former England student

Read next CR England complaint

Been there done that

I have been with England for 26 months, I have found the only way to make a living with them is to b...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about CR England.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug