• show-popup

Product / Service Dental Grant
Location Overland Park, Kansas
Category Dental Services
Views 96

WHAT A JOKE.I COUNTED ON THIS FOR AT LEAST A MONTH.

I WAS TOLD THAT MY NAME HAD BEEN ASSIGNED AND THEN ACCEPTED FOR THIS GRANT. THEN I WAS TOLD THAT A DENTIST COULD NOT BE FOUND WITHIN 45 MINS. OF WHERE I LIVE. THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF DENTISTS THAT ARE THAT CLOSE TO ME.

THEN I FIND OUT THAT I HAVE TO APPLY FOR A $2,500.00 LOAN FROM SOMEWHERE FIRST TO GET STARTED AND THEN YOU HAVE TO CALL THE PEOPLE WHERE THE GRANT IS HANDLED, AND THEY SAID THAT THEY ONLY COVER 25% OF THE COST OF YOUR DENTISTRY. THEN THEY TAKE ALL THE APPLICANTS NAMES IN A HAT AND PULL OUT ONE NAME PER YEAR AND THAT IS THE PERSON WHO GETS THE FULL GRANT. I WAS LED TO BELIEVE THAT I HAD QUALIFIED FOR A COSMETIC DENTISTRY GRANT FOR UP TO $20,000.00 IT WAS A LIE. I DESPERATELY NEEDED THIS GRANT BECAUSE OF BROKEN TEETH AND MY HEALTH IS BEING EFFECTED BY THE POISON LEAKING INTO MY SYSTEM FROM A FORMER ROOT CANAL THAT BROKE.

I HAVE NOT GONE OUT OF THE HOUSE SINCE IT HAPPENED.I AM HOUSEBOUND BECAUSE OF MY TEETH AND BECAUSE I WAS LIED TO BY THIS COSMETICDENTISTRYGRANT.ORG 2d9ac0b

Comments (6) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 22  from Phoenix, Arizona
This is not really a scam unless you don't read the fine print or idiotic. People who haven't been been to the dentist in 20 years think that they are going to get free dental work. What world do you live in? YOU will have to pay for your Basic work and they tell you that. If you haven't been to the dentist regularly, YOU will have alot of basic work that needs to be completed. DUH!!!!!!!!!!! Its not scam, not the grants fault, or the doctors that you haven't taken care of your mouth and suddenly expect to get a $20,000 hand out. Why would the dentist need to lie to you about what you need? Hes going to get paid regardless because people will always need teeth. They want to help you, they give you options, its your job to research and find out the best options for you. No ones complaining about the cost of cars, or TVs, yet you expect your rotting teeth to get fixed for free. GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!
The grant program may not give you as much as you'd like, but they give you something, which would still help you save on getting the smile you desire either way. You go to unnecessary lengths to go to Walmart and save 10% so why not do the same for your teeth?
YOUR TEETH ARE A NECESSITY, NOT A LOTTERY
Reply to Dont Be Stupid

Oct 15, 2013
I talked to Paula V. today and all she said is that from month to month the grant changes, it could be 10% or 20% , or less of the total the dentist recommends. I was interested in Lumineers for myself (800 to 1000 a tooth). Based on their 10% or 20% or less grant, I decided that it's no grant but more like a discount from the dentist. Be very careful. And they ask for a $50.00 credit card deposit to hold your appointment with that dentist. What? No way am I going to give the dentist my credit care for a free consultation. :zzz
Reply to sue

Oct 14, 2013
I understand your frustration, so please go ahead and type all you want in CAPS! What is annoying is people you have nothing better to do but to criticize someone for pointing out #1 a scam and #2 how upset you are over being taken by this scam. :x Thank you for letting us know about this.
Reply to sue

Aug 03, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
Dear TWB,

I see you wrote two complaints, and both of them are in ALL CAPS. Writing in all caps is like yelling. It is totally unnecessary and very distracting.

Locking yourself up in your house because of this incident is not a healthy response. Nor is doing so because of your teeth. Get out of that house and do something. It'll take your mind of your problems for a while. FYI,I have only ten teeth left since a dentist started pulling them about three years ago for dentures.

My point is, I don't let my missing teeth dictate my life. I go out and even smile at people albeit with my lips closed.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Reply to Droman

Aug 30, 2012
Beware!, this is a scam. I was one of the earliest people to enter into this program. I paid $7000 out of pocket to get my mouth "healthy" in order to qualify for the draw, all the while being told that my chances were very high of being selected for the $20000 grant being the pool was so small. I was assessed 4 different cosmetic procedures ranging from $6000 to $24000. The receptionists was more like a car salesmen working on commission pressuring me into beginning the cosmetic procedure telling me that I will be reimbursed if and when I am selected from the draw, I opted to wait to be selected before spending anymore money. 6 months pass and I receive an email notifying that I have been selected for the grant in the amount of $3500, nowhere close to the expected $20K. Then I continue reading the email and it states that I can only redeem this $3500 if I get the $24000 cosmetic procedure. What a joke, I paid $7000 to get the $20000 grant not so I can spend another $20K.
Reply to MotorN

Jan 18, 2012
Stop screaming! There is no need to type in all caps. That only makes people care even less about your complaint.
Reply to Stop screaming

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Cosmetic Dentistry Grant.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug