• show-popup

Product / Service Cooking Products
Location Leesville, Louisiana
Category Food
Views 349

Just got this packet in the mail, complete with a magnet and a crappy bowl scraper.As a chef myself, I was sort of intrigued.

Getting this happened to coincide with subscribing to a very reputable magazine based out of Vermont, "Cooks Illustrated". Upon further research, over fifty of the initial hits I got on Google yielded very VERY negative results. Seems to be that the membership results in them sending you books with fake invoices asking you to pay them money, and the products they send you to "test" are flimsy, poorly built items that even an OC housewife could discredit. Hope this helps!

I sent it all back to them ripped up in their pre-paid envelope.
2dea6e7

Comments (67) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 67 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Aug 31, 2013
I joined the club, paid my dues and slao became a life member. now I can't even sign in to enter the "free Gift" contest. what a freaking rip off
Reply to ldfrn

Aug 17, 2013  from Ozark, Alabama
its all about the cooking and recipes you not sure you win some thing big from this company i like it my self if you like to cook and learn to cook new things and enjoy the things about new recipes and new cooking tools their a lot of things i did not know was out their a man is not going to look at things like a woman does most people who join this cooking club want some things free for nothing you can not win all the time its all about learning new things and whats new to eat i get tried eating the same thing day in and day out its give me good i deals on food and ways to cooking it out doors or in doors their all ways some thing to learn thanks for your time :upset
Reply to none

Jun 13, 2013  from Pompano Beach, Florida
I joined the club because I thought it would be fun to try new cooking/kitchen products. I paid the 24 dollars then they wanted me to agree to allow them to bill my credit card $27.00 for 12 months calling it a LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP..ha! I realized at that point that is very important to read every line in their materials. needless to say I threw it away. I later decided that I wanted to test products..ok..they sent me a frying ok a ceramic frying pan for $58.00 I bought it paid for it..actually I thought if this is so expensive the rest of the set must be lower in price. Then they sent me a Sauce pan..for $74.00 I said no way! I sent it back right away. Note: I Had To Pay $10.00 to return it. I thought for sure they would reimburse me for the $10.00. They just about laughed at me...said I could have called and asked for a return label no credit..to bad..ha ha. (my words to bad ha ha) I requested that they cancel all future shipments and to cancell my membership. then they wanted to know what part of the membership did I want cancelled? Long story short....be careful to read carefully every thing you receive..or you might be shockingly surprised and not in a good way. Peace Out.... :)
Reply to JU JU

Dec 04, 2012
i joined the club way back in 2000 i paid all the dues to become a lifetime member,i thought they went out of business this is 2012 they have never sent me anything,now they say i need to pay,349.00 and they want to take the payments out automatically on my card,each mo thanks for all the warning i will cancel my membership.
Reply to priscilla

Nov 06, 2012
i can't even find where u claim your free gifts every thing else keeps poping up that i don't want i don't care bout car insurce because i ws alredy told i have the best one for me and i don't care bout how to lose wait mine is fine. i don't care bout acutions i know where plenty is. all i wnt is what cooks need not i phones or computers.
Reply to really frusterated

Nov 01, 2012
I signed up for this and got the $24.00 bill,(it was supposed to be less $$ than that) Thought I would pay it online and saw where it set you up for auto pay and got concerened about them having my credit card number. Started looking around for some reviews on the company before giving them my card number. I will not be sending them any money. Thanks everyone for sharing your experience.
Reply to Thanks

Oct 29, 2012
thanks for your comments. I received my welcome packet with invoice for dues. I haven't sent payment yet and won't be thanks to your warnings. I went online to request my free gifts but could not find anyplace to reserve them,the free multi-purpose grater and $100 grocery coupon card. I can't believe in this economy that companies would purposefully rip people off. Aren't we suffering enough without being hoodwinked or bamboozled by corporate America!!! Again much appreciation to your warnings!!!!!
Reply to debraann

Oct 21, 2012
$25? My membership was $10,lol. The book sent was 11.99. I will say this, I'm not that far into it, and so far all of what you're saying is making sense. I never got the grater they promised, and the knife was supposed to be my second free gift. The knife came as a free gift with the first book. Funny. . .they never said anything about previewing a book.
Reply to KR

Sep 22, 2012
Glad I seen this review. I will be spending my $24 elsewhere.
Reply to Christina

Aug 24, 2012
I JOINED THE CLUB PAID MY FULL SUBSCRIPTION AS
LIFE MEMBERSHIP, NEVER GOT TO TEST ANY PRODUCT,THEY ALL DID WAS SEND ME POTS AND PANS AND CHARGE ME A LOT FOR THINKS I COULD HAVE BOUGHT IN A STORE AND GET DISCOUNT. HONESTLY I GOT ROB BY THIS PEOPLE, NOW I SEE IN THE WEB THEY ADVERTISE AND OFFER MEMBERSHIP FOR $3,00, PLEASEE HOW LOW CAN YOU GET. THEY ARE RUNNING OUT OF LUCK, THE WHOLE COUNTRY IS FINDING OUT THEIR SCAM.
Reply to FRANCELINA MASDEU

Aug 11, 2012
My sister and I both signed up and paid the $24. We have gotten nothing and she has requested her money and got something else that she had to send back before telling them to send refund or talk to her lawyer. I'm following her example.
Reply to vivian

Aug 02, 2012
CCOA just sent me a second reminder to send back the 24 $ in dues rebate check. I did that weeks ago.Just sent it out again we shall see:)
Reply to Kerry

Jul 18, 2012
Do not join the club. They do not keep there word. It has been 3 months and I still have not received my free gifts. What free coupons.
This is a joke.
Reply to Tom from Palm Springs

Jul 11, 2012
Ijoint the club mailed in my 2year dues $24.00 received a card telling me to visit freegift.cookingclub.com to request my free multi-purpose grater.Nowhere can I find a place to signe up for it.
Reply to Gerda Weber

Jul 03, 2012
Received this paperwork in the mail and thought about joining it for my daughter who likes to cook.
But it sounds like something that is just more frustration than anything.
Reply to Thankful I found this

Jun 12, 2012
sooo glad I checked here before I sent off for my free gifts! Based on what I've read here, CCOA isn't worth the effort or the money. I'm not even sure how they got my info...
Reply to sara

Apr 26, 2012
Wow, I am so glad I found this site! I was falling for this but reading these comments changed my mind. With me, they are asking for two years of dues ($24) and that I must buy the book they sent me in order to receive a product to test. I really like the book they sent ($12), and I really like the ceramic knife. However, after reading about this scam, I will be sending the book back and cancelling. Thank you, PissedConsumer, for making me aware...
Reply to Slatanicslayerfan

Mar 24, 2012
I was just about to pay dues to join the cooking club, but I am wondering has anyone enjoyed being a member of this club? They said if I pay by credit card, they would automaticly renew my membership using my credit card without my say so.(OH NO)But I will say the magazine is good.
Reply to W.B.

Apr 08  from Boston, Massachusetts
Hello, I have been a life member since 2004. I initially began to receive their books, but once I made it clear I wouldn't bother returning unsolicited materials, the books stopped coming. Since that time, I've gotten to try 1 thing - a utencil and gotten receipe reprints when requested. I loved the pots and pans I got when I got the life membership - - too bad my X got them :sigh . I've interacted with the membership department over changes of address, and never had any issues. I know what you all mean about the books, but honestly, I've never had a problem with this publication or it's staff. Sorry :?
Reply to Oldhaggis

Mar 13, 2012
Such a wonderful idea if management followed thru. Instead of hasseling so many people for 12 dollars invest in forming something you claim to be. A free gift is a free gift, you should not have to pay dues, go to non-existent web sites to order a second time, or wait for lengthy times on hold to talk to a person
Reply to disappointed

Read next Cooking Club Of America complaint

Cooking Club Of America-Total Rip-off

I agree w/ LadyofGunslinger,what a rip!I received 1copy of magazine,after complaining 3 times,and th...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Cooking Club Of America.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug