• show-popup

Shares 0

never told me lexmark printer had to use circuit city ink

Company Circuit City
Product / Service Lexmark Model X2690
Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Category Computers
Views 12

I bought an acer computer package with acer computer,acer monitor and lexmark printer from circuit city.They never told me that circuit city was the only place you could buy the ink cartridges for the lexmark.
I called lexmark customer service and they confirmed that for the lexmark model x2690 and others-circuit city has an exclusive and you can only buy the ink cartridges from circuit city.

They told me that Circuit City should have told all their customers that bought that model printer that they had to come back there for their ink. While the computer and monitor are just as advertised and work well, I feel I was ripped off on the printer/scanner.

I never would have bought this package had I known that you could not buy your printer ink from any office supply store. 308c0e8

Comments (10) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 04, 2010
Have you ever considered lexmark.com with free shipping with any ink purchase? Other stores do sell it, staples, office max, walmart, lexmark.com, need any more?
Reply to Louis

Apr 03, 2009
First, the printer was free. Second, the printer had huge lettering on it that stated the ink was a circuit city exclusive. I guess it is too much to ask consumers to read stuff though.
Reply to jamesuss

Oct 24, 2008
Same thing happened to me.

OH WAIT! No it didn't. What DID happen was that I read the box (which plainly says 'Ink available only at CC') and didn't buy it!

Amazing!
Reply to dives2011

Oct 22, 2008
I had the same printer and needed to switch to a more multi-tasking printer which should be best for bulk printing. Recently got a Phaser 8560DN from freeprinterpromo.com for free. The only catch is that you need to buy the supplies from them. But it is still well worth it after 6 months of usage.
Reply to Guru

Oct 12, 2008
LOL

They got me too... However, the printer was FREE, so I don't see how anyone can complain about the exclusivity of ink refills.

Anyway, #u&k 'em --- what I did was pry the top of the cartridge open and with some bulk ink you just inject refills into the sponge inside. super easy and saves beaucoup $$$.

Don't get mad, get even!
Reply to sho-ryu-ken

Aug 29, 2008
SOLUTION: BUY ONE CARTRIDGE FOR $20 AT CIRCUIT CITY AND THEN GET A REFILL KIT TO SAVE
MONEY. IT IS STILL NOT RIGHT FOR CIRCUIT CITY NOT TO TELL CUSTOMERS AS HAPPENED TO ME ALSO. NOTHING IS EVER "FREE"!!!
Reply to TW

Aug 18, 2008
Same thing happened to me, but the printer was '"free" so I can't really complain much. Circuit City's website confirms they have the exclusive right to sell the ink, so Staples (or anywhere else) won't have it. But you can buy it online from Lexmark...if you don't mind paying NINE Dollars to ship it!
Reply to Sara

Aug 03, 2008  from Peoria, Alberta
Staples does not sell the black cartridge for the X2690, at least not that I can see on their website. We have the same issue and got the same free printer after buying a new laptop. :(
Reply to Tara

Jul 19, 2008  from Frauenfeld, Thurgau
I NEED HELP ME FIXING PRINTER INK OR LETTER BUT NO BODY HELP ME :cry
Reply to JULIE LORRAINE JACKSON

May 31, 2008  from Chalkida, Evvoia
Stop crying.....Staples sells the ink.
Reply to CC

Read next Circuit City complaint

circuit city advantage plan

I purchased a 37" Polaroid HDTV on Dec 24, 2006. It work just great until March of 2008 it beca...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Circuit City.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug