• show-popup

Location Dallas, Texas
Category Colleges and Universities
Views 100
Monetary Loss

I submitted an application (on-line) to Capella University and paid a $50.00 admission fee.I sent an email request directly to Capella requesting that my admission request NOT BE PROCESSED.

I subsequently sent 4 more email request. Well, not only did the go ahead and process my application, I've received phone calls and a welcome packet.

I was actually finally promised a refund which a month later I have not received.Capella's email system WORKED FINE WHEN I FILLED OUT THE APPLICATION, but now IT DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK AT ALL, BECAUSE I GET NO RESPONSE TO REQUESTS FOR A REFUND. 2d2b272

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jun 26, 2012
I'm on the same boat as you. I paid for everything out of pocket. And I have called and emailed, yet no refund. I will get my legal office to call. Do not apply to Capella, they only want your MONEY!
Reply to Not so Happy

May 13, 2010
Thanks, Steph. But as of today, (5-13), still no refund, email, phone call. I have sent 5 or emails with no response(although my application was responded to and my credit card was charged). I sent an email on 4-11, which was the same day I submitted my app. requesting NOT TO PROCESS MY APPLICATION. It was processed the following day 4-12, and I was charged.
Reply to Carlleen Chern

May 10, 2010  from Cleghorn, Iowa
Hy Dbcjuris,

I'm community mgr. at Capella and came across your post. I'm going to forward it on to some people here to try to get your refund expedited and get your name off of receiving phone calls. I'm sorry that you've had this experience with Capella.

Thanks.

Steph
Reply to Steph

Read next Capella University complaint

hooked into $1500 worth of NO course while having...

What can I say? I was first told I was accepted into a "masters degree program" because i already ha...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Capella University.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug