• show-popup

Featured on Pinterest ›
  • by   Sep 11, 2013
  • 3 comments
  • Review #: 446636

PissedConsumer editorial team selected it as one of the most interesting ones.
Please join the discussion on Pinterest, read comments and advices!

Company Bath and Body Works
Product / Service Lavender Chamomile
Location Los Angeles, California
Category Cosmetics and Toiletries
Views 213
Monetary Loss

Pinterest @pissedconsumer

Had candle burning in bathroom for 2 1/2 hours - smoke alarm went off.I went into bathroom to find candle engulfed in 6 inch flames.

Doused with water to put out but that made the candle explode and flames burst to about 5 feet high. Hot wax burst everywhere which caused 2nd degree burns on my left hand and more minor burns on my right hand, stomach, face and neck.

Bathroom cabinet damaged in two spots and wax all over floor counter and mirror and smoke stains on ceiling and walls.It was a 3 wick Lavendar Chamomile Candle in blue glass and was in one of their metal decorative sleeves. 2e156a5

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 15, 2013
A B&BW candle just exploded and burnt my a huge circle on my kitchen countertop- goodbye security deposit. So annoyed...
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 13, 2013  from Dallas, Texas
No candle should be burnt for 2 1/2 hours nor should it be left unattended, when lit. Thats just plain common sense.
Reply to Use your noggins

Mar 07
Candles state on the bottom do not burn more than 3-4 hours at a time. Should not leave unattended but 2 1/2 hours is Not too long.
Reply to Anonymous

Read next Bath and Body Works complaint

Not honoring an email sale

I received an email for a buy 3 get 3 sale at Bath and Body Works.I went to the store that I always...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Bath and Body Works.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug