• show-popup

Product / Service Llbean Visa
Location Chicago, Illinois
Category Credit Cards
Views 192

I just applied and was approved for a Barclay llbean Visa online.Their website wouldn't allow me to access my site.

The customer service said they couldn't help me. They repeatedly took my personal information, and said that I didn't have an account. Told me that they wouldn't be able to solve this for me and that I would have to call in a couple of days since they would not call me with a solution. What was supposed to be simple is turning out to be a nightmare!

I wish I had never applied for this credit card!!!
306951a

Comments (19) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 24, 2012
:( Someone,and probably a Barclay employee, carried out a balance transfer, $3000 from my card. It took me two weeks to notice it as I do not regularly check my CC's transaction history. I've never done a balance transfer using the Barclay card (and why would I, there's no incentive and their rates are amongst the highest). No one from the fraud detection department contacted me for my authorization prior to the transaction, nor after it was completed. Naturally I reported it to to them immediately upon noticing it. I use auto pay where I pay my credit card balances in for this card as well as most my othere CCs. Six weekes after my reporting it to them, placing the $3000 transaction in dispute, they go ahead and extract these $3000 (as well as my personal tranactions) from my checking account. The same checking account I use to pay my mortgage, car payment, and utilities. It took my about two months (no kidding!) to get those $3000 back from them. Adding further to my problem they charged me a fee for placing that fraudulent transaction as well as interest from the day it posted. As expected their customer support service representatives are in "third world" countries and I merely provided them with a good laugh. Naturally I closed both my Barclay Bank Visa Cards (LL Bean and BJ's Warehouse) and shredded them.
Reply to Norman Schwartz

Mar 29, 2011
www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2010/August/10-crm-933.html. L.L. Bean. Corporate Citizenship? Social Responsibility?
Reply to John

Mar 14, 2011
Linda, No9 above, The exact same thing happened to me, My first notice about anything was 3 months later and went from $40.00 to 130.00. If you read this I'd like to know if you paid it.
Reply to Jim

Dec 16, 2010
I WAS REFUSED A NEW LLB CARD THO I HAD ONE FOR YEARS FROM BARCLAY. CUT THE OLD ONE UP BY MISTAKE MAYBE MY FICO WRONG OWE NO ONE
Reply to RUTH COLVIN

Dec 06, 2010
we applied for a card turned down Bank of america changed to your card
Reply to brenda godsey

Sep 26, 2010
u.s. prosecutors revealed that barclays bank had facilitated payments for cuba, iran, libya, sudan and burma among others, between 1995 and 2006 violating the international emergency economic powers and the trading with the enemy acts. court documents state that barclays " knowingly and willfully facilitated u.s. dollars transactions" for a number of parties and countries that were under sanction by the u.s. treasury. barclays accepted the charges and will pay $298m to u.s. authorities. i would like to know why ll bean is still issuing this card to it's customers? resently my card was canceled reason given i had to many cards. i have been a customer of ll beans for many years. i have never had a late payment nor maxed my card out. i don't spend thousands of dollars but i spend enough and give alot of free advertisment. i wasn't aware that having alot of cards and half have no balance on them was a reason to cancel i guess paying on time is not good enough anymore. i love ll beans service and products but am a very unhappy xcustomer with alot of friends. these people have no right to judge me. they should be kicked out of our country.
Reply to donna b green

Aug 05, 2010
Barclays declined my credit card, even though I have a $25,000 credit limit because we used it at a grocery store in another state. $120. I called, they said they lifted the restriction...again 3 days later in the same grocery for $60. Then we made our payment online..it posted the next day and they fined us $39 in late fee. Pay off our bill every month. We are switching to another card..these guys are frustrating.
Reply to Jim

Feb 10, 2010
Worst company ever. Said I was late, untrue then raised my rate to 27% I was never able to access website must of talked to 4 different people no one knew how to acess the correct web site. I cancelled my card, I am thinking of taking them to court and filing suit.
Reply to pauline b massachusetts

Jan 03, 2010
I am also in the process of cancelling my vaunted LL Bean card; a payment was never processed correctly on the website-I didn't know it-my rate went sky high because of "late payment" even though it was not late according to my credit report. I tried to work with customer service-no luck-they reluctantly agreed to set up a phone payment. After a lifetime of excellent credit ratings this card was a nightmare!!
Reply to sf maine

Nov 15, 2009
I also canceled my card after being an excellent customer for many years. I usually pay balance monthly but in October I was on vacation for 4 months. When I returned and opened my mail I saw a bill for $128.00. I immediately went on the internet to pay it but it was at 9:00 (2 hours after the cutoff date but still the due date. Two weeks later I received a letter increasing my interest rate. I thought that was over the top for a payment made on the due date but 2 hours after an arbitrary cutoff time. In speaking with 2 "customer service???" reps and a manager, they stated they did not have any authority to recind the increase interest rate. I speaking with another manager I was told that the manager did indeed have the power to recind, but apparently chose not to. The other manager said her decision may have been different but she "couldn'e onlyt do anything" because I had choses to "opt out" (which was the only option I had at the time) LLBean which offers optimum customer service should not continue doing business with Barclay as they will cause LLBean to lose customers
Reply to Lizziebzmom

Nov 07, 2009  from Erode, Tamil Nadu
I never received a bill, either by mail or internet. Three months later I find that my $35 charge has grown to $86. What a racket!!! Oh yes, I did receive a letter telling me that my interest rates had been raised because on non-payment. Interesting that particular letter reached me but not the actual bill. Needless to say I cancelled my LLBean credit card.
Reply to Linda

Oct 26, 2009
I had a LLbean Visa until Sun Pacific Readers charged what they wanted to on it and left me with the bill. Now I an fighting to get the charges dropped. I don't want $500.00 worth of woman's magazines.
Reply to Mark Collins

Oct 18, 2009
I don't agree with BofA's stance either. However, Barclayys isn't much better in that greed is the sole motivator. They have increased my rate from 14.5% to 24% even though I have a clean credit record and NO past due payments. And, as you might expect, I heard from LLBean within 6 hours of my complaint and, now, after a day and a half, I have yet to hear from Barclays. It doesn't surprise me. Card is now paid in full and this customer remains p.o'ed.
Reply to Ruppert Q

Sep 19, 2008
i have the card and after a few month have stopped using it, not because of any problem with llbean, but the credit card web site sucks and i depend on it to make sure the charges are correct. The barclay site send alert emails days after the transaction and you cannot see pending charges. The BofA site sends an email within minutes or sometimes senonds of the transaction (at least after the pending charges have been settled)
Reply to me

Sep 13, 2008
As an LL Bean Customer Service Representative, Let me apologize for these service failures. The switch over from Bank of America to Barclays has been overwhelming. LL Bean and Barclays were projecting one million new customers in the first year. In fact one million people applied in the first 80 Days!!! Barclays Bank has a new call center in Oxford, Maine specifically to handle the LL Bean Visa. In response to the overwhelming amount of applications in the 60 days, Barclays used any call center at it could. The switch to Barclays Bank was caused by the quality Bank of Americas Customer service and Bank of Americas’ ethics. Bank of America withheld all of the LLBean visa card holders’ financial information, which is why everyone had to re-apply for the card. As of July 1st 2008 there were NO LLBean Visa cards. Now there are more than a million. I apologize for these first transition months. If you are an LLBean customer, you know we will do everything we can to deliver the world’s best customer service!
At your convenience please call or e-mail LLBean Customer Service 800-341-4341 any time and we will be happy to assist you any way we can.
Bill
LLBean CSR2
Reply to Bill D

Aug 19, 2008
Barclay is no better than BoA. It has its customer service in India to handle your sensitive personal information.
Reply to ThinkTwice

Aug 05, 2008  from Saint James, Louisiana
Based on my experience with new credit accounts - with ANY and all BANKS -- they want to know/need to know that the account number is in the hands of the customer-of-record before you can set up your online ID and password.

Unless you had ALREADY received your plastic card in the mail and the account info, then I am not surprised you were unable to access your brand-new account. You must have the card in hand and call their 800 number from the home phone number given on your application, for verification of receipt purposes. After that you should be able to set up your password.

I think this procedure applies regardless of whether you're approved by phone, mail or online......
Reply to Roonii

Aug 03, 2008  from Pinner, England
I think its WRONG for BofA to issue credit cards to illegal immigrants, they can apply and spend w/o ever getting caught and us americans have to pay to bail banks out that has failed due to the credit crisis.
It's up to Bank of America if they want to keep losing money. I have a checking with BofA, luckily its FDIC insured and fall within the coverage range.
Reply to Alex

Aug 01, 2008  from Torremolinos, Andalucia
Hey - CALL 1-866-484-2614 - That's the number to call & get help with a friendly person from BARCLAY. They solved my problem when I didn't receive my cards after being approved, LL Bean couldn't help, etc. The person who answered my call at BARCLAY at the above number turned me over to their Security Dept to make sure that the new cards would have all correct info & new numbers/address corrections, etc. I would NOT stay with Bank Of America as they issue cards to illegal aliens & don't require them to provide SS numbers & we have to provide ours. That's one of the reasons LL Bean DUMPED BANK of AMERICA!! We first reported our displeasure to LL Bean & they responded later to us & told us they were going to dump BOA after their contract ran out & they followed thru with their convictions. They indicated that they, too, did not agree with Bank of Americans SS No. Policy with exceptions for illegal aliens. This renewed my faith in at least ONE American company.
Reply to m56ford

Read next Barclays Bank complaint

THE WORST SERVICE BARCLAY CREDIT CARD IN CHENNAI...

I RECIEVED barclay credit card STATEMENT PERIOD APRIL12 TO MAY 12, 2008, IN THAT STATEMENT MY ACTUAL...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Barclays Bank.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug