• show-popup

Product / Service Scam Interview
Location Monroe, Michigan
Category Auto Insurance
Views 1048

I recieved a call from Bankers on Friday 1/16/2011.I will be atteneding a 630pm interview and will repost how it goes.

There is a spot in Traverse city, 800 Hastings. I will NOT dress up, due to the fact of all this information AND a friend of mine went their a few months ago. The lady told her that you have to pay for your training, you don't get a license, and you have to give them your bank account number so they can deposit money. Oh and so they can withdraw if they need to, but she quickly skipped over that when brought back to why they need to withdraw any money.

Bankers said "It's company policy, however they haven't ever had to because business is good." Now to me the economy is not doing so good in Northern Michigan, unless I've been under a log.I will record my interview and repost on here Monday (Jan 17) or Tuesday (Jan 18) for more info, besides I like to screw with these scammers. 2ee0e5b

Comments (200) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 200 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 15, 2013
seniors in washington state beware of MICHAEL SHEEK.
Reply to Anonymous

Sep 20, 2013  from Charlevoix, Michigan
Whether it be AMERICAN SENIOR BENEFITS or Bankers Life and Casualty you should go look here first: http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/ I just found this blog and it reveals some things about both American Senior Benefits and Bankers Life and Casualty that will make your blood curdle. That is a busy site so what I did is just google the words American Senior Benefits and Glistening Quivering Underbelly - and all the various posts will pop up. At least it did for me. Laurie
Reply to Laurie

May 08, 2013
I got called today and googled about it because it seemed a little shady. I found another article explaining how it is a scam as well. Sounds like they get your information through Career Builder.
Reply to Anonymous

Jan 19, 2012
I was contacted by a foreign woman to interview with Bankers Life and Casualty Company. She was very brief, but I accepted the interview. I tried contacting her back at the phone # she called me with. When I called (over several days) the phone # went directly to voice mail and the mail box was always full.

When I got my reminder email, for my interview, there was a different contact phone # under her name. I called the phone # and it was disconnected.

At this point I was really getting suspicious. Therefore I emailed her back asking a few questions and have not received a response to this day. Needless to say, I did not attend the interview.

I then found this site and many others like it. I am very happy that I didn't waste my time with this dishonest company.
Reply to SCAM

Sep 29, 2013
I WAS CONTACTED IN SEPTEMBER 2013, BY A YOUNG WOMAN, FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH BANKERS LIFE& CASUALITY. I, TOO, THOUGHT IT WAS STRANGE. I NEVER APPLIED FOR A JOB WITH AN INSURANCE COMPANY. IT WAS AS THOUGH SHE WERE READING FROM A SCRIPT. IF I INERUPTED TO ASK A QUESTION, SHE WENT RIGHT BACK TO WHERE SHE LEFT OFF. I LOOKED UP HER PHONE NUMBER...SHE WAS CALLING ME FROM A CELL. WHY WOULD ONE USE THIER PERSONAL CELL PHONE FOR WORK. SHE EXPLAINED THAT IT WAS A GROUP MEETING. AT THIS POINT, I KNEW THIS WAS A SCAM. IT REALLY IRKS ME THAT DEVIOUS PEOPE PREY ON THE UNEMPLOYED. I DO NOT LOKE WASTING MY TIME, MY GAS, AND PRACTICING MY INTERVIEWING SKILLS FOR NOTHING.
I WILL NOT BE GOING TO MY "INTERVIEW" MONDAY, 9/30/12 IN NASHUA, NH

PRECIOUS - MERRIMACK, NH 9/29/2013
Reply to PRECIOUS

Jan 15, 2012
I worked for a company very similar to BL&C. Same scam, same unethical sales practices, same desperation, same poor people who were promised the moon & stars, same poor people who got screwed. For anyone who reads this, please for your sake and the sake of your family, DO NOT "work" for any company that avoids questions during the initial interview phone call and the actual interview. That should tell you all you need to know about the so-called "company".
Reply to Won't Get Fooled Again

Jan 07, 2012
It's very annoying how they found me and they knew my name and other personal information. I am very upset that they were not real.
Reply to dddd

Dec 01, 2011
:p any SALES is a scam it is the job you either do your job or dont be in sales dont get upset cuz you arent as good as others with the sales side go to burger king if you want an easy job sales is very difficult yet rewarding............so all you haters bk is hiring
Reply to Insurance Agent

Feb 14, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
If a company is misleading you should not say that people are haters, but as some companies will lie to have you waste your time to come to a false interview which has nothing to do with doing the job, but as Sales Reps are good at also is tell you lies reel you in, guess you have something in common with them, just be truthful and let the consumer decide if they want what you are selling
Reply to Truth or Sale

Apr 04
They would definitely make more at Burger King than at your company. It would also be more morally satisfying instead of squeezing every last dime out of seniors without regard for their livelihood. Total all the hours that your employees work for you and 8 out of 10 make less than minimum wage as well. You have no fight at all to win the argument for bankers. You can argue that 2 or 3 in your office make over 6 figures but when you have 30 employees in your office and most make less than 20 grand a year at 50 to 60 hours a week...pretty sad. BK employees make more for 40 hours a week.
Reply to Anotherbankershater

Oct 19, 2011
o considering their insurance yea its pretty much a scam to get elderly money, like most insurance companies.
again a reason i would never take a job in sales with an insurance company.
Reply to just a person

Oct 19, 2011
This is not a scam. What people fail to see is that this is a sales job at an isurance company. The job is very stressful and pay is commission based, this causes a high turn over of employees. the reason they recruit everyone for these jobs is because most people who join insurance companies sales force quit very quickly because it wasnt what they expected and the pay sucks till you basicaly made a lot of sales. This is not a job i would apply for unless i was desperate, but they have good reason to ask everyone since they go threw employees fast.

The testing and its fees are required for any insurance agency. All insurance agencies are regulated by the goverment. these fees for the test are not paid to the company.

This only goes to the company itself and not for people who are pretending to hire you to job just to steal your info or money those type of people are out there.
Reply to just a person

Oct 17, 2011
It is warrented and guarenteed that you are an affront to the seniors you are 'educated' to work hard to earn the 13 billion,...so they say....(check the D rating by Weiss Ratings)...they have. Sadly you are still into the koolaide vat of cult. Be offended, be very offended. You deserve the disregard you and your company have earned.
Reply to To: Another Bankers A**

Oct 16, 2011
All these talks about scams are not warranted. They are a legitimate insurance company with 13 BILLION dollars in assets, a strong business plan. I have been an agent for sometime I make the money I work for. These posts that LIE are an affront to me and all the agents who work hard every day for their clients. The insurance industry is highly regulated, we agents are held to continuing education standard, we have to take licensing exams to be able to do what we do. If you want a scam see security system sales for that...
Reply to Another Bankers Life and Casua

Apr 04
Easy to have 13 billion in assets when you do not pay employees and even at times refuse to pay claims. Not to mention recycle leads over and over again so hundreds of employees are working with the exact same leads. I'm guessing the logic is that if 1 salesman can not get the sale maybe the next hundred to try would get it. You may call that good sales tactics, but I call it high pressure sales which is also illegal. Calling the same person 2, 3 or 4 times a day is borderline harassment. I believe most of us that get called that many times and keep saying no would agree. The POSTS that claim you are a scam are not lies. The scammers from UK do the exact same thing you do. You just found a legal way to do it. STILL a SCAM.
Reply to Bankershater

Oct 13, 2011
I received a voicemail that I could barely understand as well from a woman with "bankers life and causality co." I called back and she sounded like she was practically reading from a computer screen. She set me up with an interview and everything. After doing some research, I learned from MANY different sites that this whole company is a SCAM to get your information and money. Dont be fooled, people will do anything and everything to get you money nowadays. I emailed them back saying dont contact me at all or they'll be reported to the BBB.
Reply to SCAM

Oct 13, 2011
Interview briefing was very informative and helping seniors is more of an incentive to work for Bankers. Thanks for the invite, you have given me a lot to think about. :)
Reply to LucyP

Reply to LucyP

Read next Bankers Life and Casualty Company complaint

Ripped off seniors bank acct. in nursing home...

bankers life and casualty stopped paying on her health care nursing home in june of 2010 ,now here i...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Bankers Life and Casualty Company.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug