• show-popup

Location Hamilton, Waikato
Category Banks
Views 60
Monetary Loss

I lived in CA for 2.5 years with a Bank of America account.When I moved to NZ I needed to close the account.

I rang the bank and made arrangements for the account to be closed and the outstanding balance to be sent by check. Two months later, nothing. I rang the bank, they said the account was closed, but check not sent. They then reopened the account and told me I didn't close it!

Then locked me out of my online account, so my account is now closed buy I have no idea of where my money is, I can't access the online message bank and there is no phone option to talk to a banking person, only preset recorded messages.I am so mad! 303b324

Comments (2) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 20, 2013  from San Antonio, Texas
You should have withdrawn all of your money before closing your account or written a check to yourself for the remaing balance.
Reply to boa sux

Feb 20, 2013  from Oregon City, Oregon
So mad I have kept my NEA BofA account for emergencies and have a 6000 limit. Have only used it a little bit but last summer I went to Europe and paid for my son to come home for a wedding. Already have paid all but 800 off. My daughter called and her car she just paid 1200 in repairs for now needs another 800 repair. I said I would just put it on this account and we could pay i off together which will not take long.

Called BofA about using a check they sent and they inform me that Bof A has closed those NEA accounts and I can no longer use it. This even though I am getting regular bills showing the credit limit and have had not notice. Now I might be able to use it once I complained if I submit to a credit check and wait for the head office to call (during my classes) the next day.

:sigh I am pissed! How would a consumer know. Never B of A again.
Reply to Sam

Read next Bank of America complaint

waiting 16 months

I have been trying to get a deed in lieu.*** of America says that a D.I.L.usually takes 6-8 weeks. W...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Bank of America.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug