• show-popup

Location Dallas, Texas
Category Ex Employees
Views 468
Monetary Loss

I aM aN employee oF a large corp.That does not issue it's employees paychecks.

Instead it uses A DEBIT CARD ISSUED BY META BANK CALLED A STAR CARD BY money network. THIS CARD IS ***, YOU CAN HARDLY USE IT ANYWHERE. MCDONALDS AND CONVENIENCE STORES ARE ABOUT THE ONLY PLACES YOU CAN USE IT. IF YOU NEED TO PAY A BILL YOU ARE (S.O.L.) S*** OUT OF LUCK.

IN ORDER TO PAY ANYTHING YOU, OF COURSE , HAVE TO WITHDRAW MONEY FROM THE A.T.M. WHICH OF COURSE CHARGES YOU A SURCHARGE/FEE TO GET YOUR OWN PAYCHECK THAT YOU WORKED YOUR A** OFF FOR. IT IS RIDICULOUS !!!! JUST ANOTHER WAY FOR THE BIGGER CORPORATIONS TO KEEP YOU FROM GETTING THE MONEY YOU'VE EARNED.

SO I WILL CLOSE BY SAYING THAT META BANK/money network AND STAR CARD ARE A JOKE !!!!!!!!

I AM CURRENTLY PUTTING A PETITION TOGETHER IN THE STATE I LIVE IN (TX) TO STOP THIS NON-SENSE.IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THIS PETITION NATIONAL YOU CAN CONTACT ME @ JARRAD_BLACKSHEAR@tx.rr.com.
Thank you for the forum to get this out, YOU ARE A GODSEND......... 2d357bf

Comments (35) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 35 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Aug 30, 2013  from Parker, Colorado
Geld Network Card... Du Dreckstück
Reply to Gabrioux

Jul 20, 2013  from Ocala, Florida
same here i hate it .They say they dont get the fax or too dark its like they're trying to keep your money
Reply to ant

Jun 23, 2013
you all are absolutely correct
this company is impossible to deal with and a rip off
Reply to Anonymous

Mar 08, 2012
I work for McDonalds. I was very surprised that we switched over to the Money Network card when Casper bought out our previous owner. What I have been doing is... on payday pull out as much as I can then only use the cash. the next day pull out the rest. This way I avoid as little fees as possible and I know how much money I have to work with as far as my bills go. Yes I have to use money orders and there is no more buying over the internet, but if I really wanted that I can start direct deposit into a real bank account; not some corporate guys way to grab the little guy buy the balls.
Reply to Jamie in FL

Jan 31, 2012
this card is literal ***. I cant even get on the website or check my funds by phone. when i talk to costumer service they say my pin is right and send me back to the automated system. whats up with that. pizza hut offers direct deposit but i don't have a bank account. whatever happened to the good times when getting paid wasn't such a hassle.
Reply to pizzahut employ's

Nov 21, 2011
On Nov. 16th I deposited $300.00 sent it out no problems. then on Nov. 19th deposited $145.00, tried to send out and bank refused the transaction So where is my money tells me is minus $151.00. I never use otherwise. Please help explain this the person needs this money ASAP
THANK YOU Stella M. Steffen 605-9490-3726
Reply to Stella M. Steffen

Sep 23, 2011
Yeah, I think all these people saying the good parts about the card, and trying to defend it, are employees, working for Money Network. Don't believe they are people that actually USE their card, I know, dont ask me how I know, because I cant say, but I know.....Don't believe them, they are the people that work for mone network.....
Reply to Wolverine

Aug 26, 2011
This card sucks everytime you want to get money out it takes you 2 dollars fee plus i suggest you do not buy things online and thing like that if something went wrong the money are gone they never come back!!! i suggest you open your own bank account and tell your manager to make it direct deposit if something went wrong with your payments you can go to your bank and solve the problem but with this moneynetworkmetabank card whatever everymoney you send they do not come back if you pay something and you do not get the thing you cannot request the money back i just had an problem i put 20$ gaz on my car and they took me 35$ the problem is that the 15$ cannot come back to my card all trust me this card sucks and it really have problems even in direct deposit it takes 24 hour to go to your bank account if you are 16 17 year's old you can open a regular bank account with your parents name or you can open a college bank account trust me and believe me most of peoples knows this card sucks OPEN YOUR PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT AND TELL YOUR MANAGER TO MAKE IT TO DIRECT DEPOSIT YOU WILL NEVER HAVE PROBLEMS even if somebody try to steal you the bank will block it but with this card they can easy steal you
Reply to LoverManiac

Aug 20, 2011
Don't go to Walmart and expect to make a purchase using the remaining balance on the card and the balanced owed via another tender.
They can't do that and instead run up declined fees while you try to guess the balance available. Predatory. it was na emergency and I was not at home to check the balance first to the "if you read your packet" parrots.
Reply to bill

Jan 03, 2013  from Palestine, Texas
I work for Wal Mart and I have had the Money Network card ever since we switched to it. I have never had it refused or been charged any fees whatsoever. I have even done the EXACT thing you say Wal Mart won't do and paid with partial cash. Additionally, if you don't like Money-Network, then open a bank account and quit your belly aching.
Reply to Johnny Duke

Aug 08, 2011
if your just take time to read your packet when you get your ist card,,and understand all the contents, you will not have a hard time using the card.And you can just use the moneynetwork checks that came with the card to encash your pay and that would be for free,
Reply to bigz

Feb 15, 2011
Hi I'm Zari. I'm 16 and i have a Money Network Card. :) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x
I have had so many problems with this card that i just wanted to cut it up.... When i had to do a verification where i had to send my ssn, ID, and birth certificate, but every time i sent it they said the picture was to dark or they didn't receive the fax. I went through that whole process for 2-3weeks. I got so frustrated with them because they wouldn't let me cancel the card/account and send me my money. By the time i got my card fixed i had gotten paid two times. So people if you get that letter
... Show more
Reply to zari398

Jan 13, 2011
I Believe this Meta Bank is the biggest
scam I've ever seen and I've been in the
mortgage business 20 years in California.

First of all, their scam is to "Make you"
receive their permanent pre-paid card, which
if you never wanted one in the first place,
your doomed to get one, (well since I complained) looks like I don't get one.
They just use up my funds, with my repeated
inquiries about my remaining $300 dollar balance and sit on my money, I guess until
it's all gone. Money Network Card Services
is a Tennessee business. Contact the Attorney General of Tenn, that's my next move.
Reply to Earl Allen Boek

Jan 04
Did you contact the Attorney General? I want to follow that same procedure. When you call into the 888# listed, you are reaching support in the Dominican Republic. They have access to all of your personal information. I can not even close this card off even though there are no funds in the account.
Reply to KC

Jan 01, 2011
Mela if you have a STAR debit card you can't pay bills online. Upgrade to a VISA or open your own bank account, problem solved.
Reply to Starry

Jan 01, 2011
If you people take your time and read the card packet and ask questions you would not have so many problems using this prepaid bank account. I have used the MN prepaid debit card bank account for almost four years. If you use the card you will pay fees, that’s why you need to use the free checks that are included with the account, if you don't know what the check is call customer service and ask questions and quit being so helpless. The Money Network pay card/bank account is legal in all 50 states simply because the MN checks are included where you can access 100% of your pay at free check cashing locations (terms and conditions are included if you need even more detail). Again if you quite *** long enough about getting paid on a prepaid account and read the how to guide you would know this. The MN card is a bank account with a routing and account number that can be used online to pay bills via ACH. If you have a STAR logo then you need to upgrade to the VISA card, it tells you how in the card kit. I pay my mortgage, phone bill, cable bill, internet, *** I even have the account set up with Pay Pal with my MN account. I have never had a problem using my MN card at any store that has a PIN pad. Almost every retailer out there is in the STAR debit network. If you don't want to pay fees associated with the card, write a Money Network check or open a bank account, if you have good credit. Chances are you have bad or no credit if you were offered a MN card at your job. The... Show more
Reply to Cookie1176

Nov 19, 2010
I've never had a Starcard. Get a bank account and get your check direct deposited.

The reason they do that *** card is to get you to move to direct deposit. There are to many problems with checks.
Reply to Autozoner

Nov 04, 2010
I don't know why anyone is having a problem using this card..I have had mine for over 2 years now and i've never had a problem! I pay most of my bills online with it and it has a cvc code and visa logo so there's not reason why anyone shouldn't be able to use it anywhere that accepts visa now when I first got my card it was just a debit to receive my paycheck but I upgraded it to the visa debit soon thereafter. I love this card it is great!!!
Reply to Maria

Read next Auto Zone complaint

Rude employee

My 1995 Saab needed some repair work done on the front driver’s side wheel. Upon examination o...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Auto Zone.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug