• show-popup

Product / Service Fraud Credit Card Acct
Category Cellular Phone
Views 179
Monetary Loss

My U.S.Visa company was alerted that my credit card was compromised due to a 3rd party being hacked and credit card numbers were stolen.

Once I was issued a new card my old card was charged for two charges - $169 & $199 - from Asurion! I don't have a U.S. phone & have never even heard of this company. These are fraudulent charges and you should contact your credit card company for pursue this with them.

My Visa company is working toward having the charges reversed.How or why this company is involved with a credit card hacking venture is beyond me, but i would not have anything to do with them - EVER! 305f57e

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 06  from Stow, Ohio
Just found two charges on my account as well. $99 and $250. I just froze my account and will be going to the bank in the morning to file a claim against those debits.
Reply to z03rwf

Feb 14  from Reno, Nevada
I had the same thing happen to me. I never purchased any insurance from this company, but suddenly saw multiple charges from them for $150 and $175. I closed that card and filed a claim with my bank and it took several days for the charges to get reversed. I thought it was all ok, but then they tried to file a counterclaim and keep taking money out of that account. If it was not fraud, they should have contacted me directly to let me know I owed them that money, but I obviously didn't so they pushed back with another fraudulent claim. I hope they burn.
Reply to Anonymous

Aug 23, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
Fraud charges on my Visa card from these guys over 2000 dollars total.

Reply to Charles

Jun 03, 2013  from Dayton, Ohio
These charges also appeared on my account.($169.00) JP Morgan Chase has done a stellar job stopping these charges from going through. My account was closed and new cards will be issued. Even if your card company doesn't detect fraud, you can dispute the charges and file a fraud report. Good luck and I hope everything ends well.
Reply to Koz

Read next Asurion Insurance complaint

I have had two claims with Assurion and neither...

I have had two claims over the last year with Assurion and both times I was sent a defective replace...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Asurion Insurance.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug