• show-popup

Company Ashley Furniture
Product / Service Bad Customer Service
Category Shopping
Views 92

When the delivery men asked me to show him where is the place for him to put the lunch table with 4 chairs.I asked him to help me to move the old table out to get room for the new table.

He just said " I can't do that" and just said nothing else, acting like he is givimg me free funitures "take it or forget it". I paid $130.00 for delivery cost, and feel like this guy is doing me a favor not he is doing his job serving his customer. So, I told him if you don't want to help me then I don't want anything from you guys, you can take your stuffs back. He then just went out, showing he does not care if I want the goods or not, and tell his diver " let's go.

He doesn't want it".
I was pissed so I asked him call their boss, I want to talk to him. He and his drive made several calls for 10 min and then just drove away. I called Ashley office and the girl told me their computer is down they can not get onto our order information.

She also told me than I have signed the purchased order with the delivery term printed on the back of the contract that their delivery man will not do anything with our old funitures, we have to clear the place for their delivery man. I told her that if you guys want your customer to do that you need to tell us when you take our orders. We trust people and don't read fine print when we are buying local business products. Your delivery employees need to do their job as service to your customers, if they can not move the old funitures because of your company policy then they should advice your customer other alternate solution.

Not acting like they don't care.
The girl told me that someone will get back to me before the end of the day.

Guest what ....nobody from Ashley call me. 300fc44

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 02  from Phoenix, Arizona
common sense your getting new furniture..move your old furniture yourself.poor guys get paid 2 deliver and thats it.
Reply to joe

Mar 02  from Sandy City, Utah
I have been selling furniture for many years. I have been surprised at how many customers expect their old furniture to be moved to other rooms (Basements). But then they complain if there are any scratches on the old furniture. My delivery guys do help people with their older furniture if they are able to move it without doing any damage. But I have them put it in writing that any extra damage to the older furniture or walls does not fall on us or them.
Reply to Buisness Owner

Jan 07  from Winter Park, Florida
Your the type that when a friendly delivery person does move your old furniture then calls customer service to complain they either damaged it or damaged your home they were on to you :eek
Reply to urrepairman

Dec 31, 2013  from Chantilly, Virginia
I don't blame them for not calling. You have no complaint. Everybody knows that delivery people deliver furniture - period. You are not paying them to rearrange your furniture. Why were you surprised that he left when you said you didn't want the stuff? He is not a salesman and doesn't have to beg you to buy anything. Now here is your "alternate solution": Move the stuff yourself before they get there. What's next - asking them to mow the lawn? I have seen some pretty ridiculous complaints on here but this one goes into a special awards category!
Reply to MikeBrady

Read next Ashley Furniture complaint

Mattress has a ridge running down the center of...

Mattress is the most uncomfortable mattress we have ever slept on and we have had a few being marrie...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Ashley Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug