• show-popup

Location Cornwall, Ontario
Category Fitness Centers
Views 272
Monetary Loss

My membership was up in November 2013. I went in October 2013 to not renew. The employee took my name and said OK. November comes around and I'm billed $50, the employee then said I didn't give 30 days notice, and that my account was inactive. December 2013 comes around and I'm billed another $50, employee said you didn't give 30 days notice, and that we need a written notice.

I'm out $100, credit card company can't help, wrote a notice had employee sign it, can't wait to see my $50 charge next month.

I'd understand being screwed out of the $50, but the $100 is just theft. 30b41ec

Comments (2) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 27, 2013  from Minneapolis, Minnesota
you are not the only one who this has happened to - or from the ONLY "health club". I joined "CURVES" in Wisconsin. Lied to by owners/managers of club, monthly fees taken out of checking account - until I CHANGED ACCOUNT from bank! Monthly reimbursement from insurance company not refunded to me because managers LIED and said I did not work out at club (though I had dates & times documented.)

I finally quit going and had my ATTORNEY (my brother) send legal papers threatening to sue to get "some" satisfaction.

Thank you for your review of Anytime Fitness! I WILL NOT JOIN THIS CLUB!!! :(
Reply to SgtLrm4374

Dec 25, 2013  from Chicago, Illinois
No! you cannot make an understanding of being screwed for even $1. Wrong is wrong and you should not let someone take advantage of your silence or fear.
Reply to Anonymous

Read next Anytime Fitness complaint

I am avoiding possibly being ripped off thanks to...

Sure glad I decided to do some digging before I joined this outfit.I was thinking of joining the Any...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Anytime Fitness.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug