• show-popup

Product / Service Health Club
Location Prescott, Arizona
Category Fitness Centers
Views 753

Do not sign a contract with this gym, no matter what you do unless you move or have a Doctors letter you can not get out of the contract not even by paying a cancellation fee.
I fell like I am working out in a prison this gym is so nasty you nearly fall on your face with all the overlapping mats on the ground. Once you sign a contract you are screwed, DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT,GO SOMEWHERE ELSE THAT IS CLEANER AND CHEAPER IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY OR TIME. TRUST ME 2e9ca28

Comments (54) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 54 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 03, 2012
I was 17 and they let me sign up. I was so excited, and they never told me that i couldn't cancel unless i moved or was injured. Then a few months later i tried to cancel because I wasn't using it and they told me i couldn't, i was so pissed. I WAS 17 TEEN!
Reply to lexy

Jan 03, 2013  from Woodruff, South Carolina
You are not obligated to pay. A 17 year old is still a minor child. Any company that enters into a contract with a minor (under 18) can and shall not expect the contract to be fulfilled! A contract with a minor is,considered null and void except when such contract is entered for a neccessity for a minor child (a gym membership is a luxury not neccessity) therefore, the minor child or his/her guardian is not and can not be liable for such contract. If the monthly membership fees were taking from a parent/guardian's bank acct or credit card the fees can be reimbursed if account holder did not give the contractor/gym specific and verified consent. This means you could even get the money back for time actually spent using the gym. Look it up (contracts with minor children) and do what you can. They deserve some punishment for the criminal way they treat people. Its whit collar crime hidden or justified by a contract. Do not pay if u were under 18 at the time u entered the contract! Contact credit agencies if when you are 18 these charges went against your credit and explain
what happened, u were under,18 at time of contract, u cancelled, they continued to charge, and the credit agencies will correct this.
Reply to dont pay

Aug 30, 2012
The gym is nice. At least here in Sauk Rapids, MN. It's the owner who's a shyster. I will go as far as to say he is a liar. All the info wasn't given about the amount of money that was coming out, how the health insurance worked and what "extras" were offered for a phenomenal price. The whole deal was shifty. Shame on me for falling into it.
Reply to Liberator

Mar 15, 2012
Well to the ahole who said it was a contract, maybe you would like to be in our shoes. My husband and I joined Anytime with every intention of working out after he had his heart surgery. Well after having the surgery and being in the hospital for 7 monthes and he is now in a wheelchair. We tried to cancel the contract because my husband is not able to go there and I have to take care of him. We were told we need a letter from our doctor for my husband and I can NEVER cancel. My husband is 60 years old and they treat him like he is 6. There seems to be some discriminiation involved here. You should count your blessing to not have to be in a wheelchair!!
Reply to Wheelchair Bound

Mar 09, 2012
I am having this problem too! They have no sympathy wont let you out of your contract unless you pay it out..WOW! wish they would have mentioned this when I signed up. Wish I never Signed up. I've contacted ABC Financial to stop drafting my account because this is uncalled for. I'm also getting my bank account changed so they STOP charging me. RIDICULOUS. Don't ever sign up.
Reply to Stacy

Feb 28, 2012
You all should get arrested for claiming false myths. You didn't read your contracts and now you complain that they never gave it to you. You should still have the customer copy (if YOU didn't carelessly lose it.) Read it and be faithful to yourself! Lying bunch of beggars! You all should really go to jail!
Reply to Bally G

Jan 03, 2013  from Woodruff, South Carolina
You are a judgemental little ***. ***. You have no clue what these people are talking about. I have my contract. There is alot of *** in it but none has helped with cancelling. There is no way out. The sign you for 1 to 2 years and continue charging after your contract is up. They are criminals but its made ok bc they hide behind these rediculous contracts. I followed the policies. Called to cancel, they said ok. When I got no confirmation letter (as they said I would) I sent a letter of cancellation. No reply. Went to the gym filled out cancellation form. They said it was done. After that I supposedly owe $1000 in gym membership, cancellation, and fees. All the charges we after my second written cancellation notices. They are robbing people. So shut the h3// up!! My reply is a year late but youre such a tool I found it neccessary when I came across this thread.
Reply to Wtf

Jan 24, 2012
Yep, I was suckered by AF myself. I was told that there was, in fact, a contract cancellation fee that all I would have to pay is $50 to get out at anytime. I was also told about if I move or have dr saying unable to work out that I would be released from the contract. They did not say there would be a $50 fee in the last 2 instances... now I am finding out that there is no cancellation fee and if I do move or become injured, I will STILL have to pay $50! They suckered me into a contract by selling me on false information! BEWARE... DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS GYM!!!!!
Reply to Anytime Ripped Me!

Jan 09, 2012
I went in with my brother for a tour, and within ten minutes she had us sitting down and trying to get us to sign up for a contract. We both did the year and a half for 50 dollars a month. The first 6 months went fine, but then the gym started falling apart, and getting dirty. Then at 10 months, 2 months after I stopped going, I was randomly charged an extra 50 dollars. For "maintenance." I went back to check out what they did with the money, and nothing has changed. Everything is still worn down and dirty. Not happy, Not going back. My contract is up in June, and I am done with them.
Reply to I hate anytime

Sep 09, 2011
I to have a contract that I wasn't aware of. The are still taking money out of my bro-in-laws acct. not even mine. Now I can't get our of it. I havent even been to the gym in 2 years!!!
Reply to Steven Terry

Aug 10, 2011
If they are billing you monthly simply show your CC company your contract and your fax that you sent and you can do a chargeback.
If nothing else when you are going to cancel call your CC company tell them you lost your card and want a new one or something so that you can get a new card number and then when ATF tries to bill you they won't be able to.

They can't bill what is not there. I have done it with other places not gyms but places that do this monthly billing and claim they never got it and keep billing. I learned after the first time when i want to cancel something and i think they won't do it i just cancel my card saying its lost or stolen or something and if i want to be honest i will lose it somewhere. Then I'm not lying.
Reply to just cancel your CC

Jul 19, 2011
Thanks for the warning. Went to ATF today and no one greeted me or was available to show me around, and yes I went during the hours someone was supposed to be there. I thought the place was dark and uninviting. Moving on to something better.
Reply to Annie

Jun 15, 2011
because I also got bent over and fist f ucked by a sh itty corporation with no regard for their customers. I was not even told I was entering a "2 year agreement" and never signed anything stating I was!! Yet here I am trying to cancel because of military orders, TO No AVAiL.
Reply to My booty-hole aches...

Apr 18, 2011
Bob G, who could you be? Corporate Shill ALERT! Yes, AF appears to be manning the complaint sites with shills posting piles of "contractual" details to us *** and INCAPABLE potential customers. Keep up the great work Chuck Runyon, CEO, soon there may be even less franchisees to tend to.
Reply to Bob G...Shill Alert

Apr 15, 2011
A contract is a contract read it and practice what it applys to. You should not avoid paying your contractual aggremenents.
That is why they have chpt. 13.
Reply to Bob G

Apr 12, 2011
I'm glad I reed all these issues, as I was thinking of joining this gym. The ones in California at least the 3 I've seen are clean, functioning and not crowded at all. . . I've been enjoying them. Totally overpriced. . . love their equipment. I'm a prior Bally's person, and I hate waiting for the machines. Too Crowded. . . dressing rooms a bit gross, and the machines have sweat on them. . but I guess I can't complain it's only $100.00 yearly for me. I was impressed with this club.
Reply to BJ Hilamonker

Mar 15, 2011
Anytime Fitness is horrible. I cannot believe that their is NO termination fee. Really a two year contract?! I called and told them that I was unhappy... I have been going there for roughly 2 months and the equipment is always broken or dirty. So I called up to cancel and the lady pretty much told me that I was screwed and that I would need to pay the remainder of the contract. She didn't even try to say that they would fix the equipment or anything. Ahhhhhh!!!! What kind of company doesn't care if the have unhappy customers... customers who will tell everyone that they know Anytime Fitness sucks!!! Is there a lawyer out there who can say if this is legal???
Reply to Can't Believe How Bad Anytime

Feb 08, 2011
i go their and i think its nice i just cant stand the contract if u have a reson like pregnancy low monnney etc they should let u out but they wont and they took extra monney out of my bank account and wouldnt give it back i eventruly got my monney back but iam not happy with them at all :( :(
Reply to t

Jan 11, 2011
Scroll down to "waitaminute" post below. Anytime Fitness corporate makes another "damage control" appearance! Good for you....now stop going on about how many hours your club is open and lets talk about the LAWS! Yes, those pesky laws in over 30 states not allowing clubs to operate tanning without staff on duty and all the other states requiring staff and/or certified CPR/AED staff at all times. These are just small details for this conglomerate! (Until the first lawsuit!!!)
Reply to Reply to "waitaminute" below

Read next Anytime Fitness complaint

Don't be shocked when I don't renew!!!

I joined Anytime fitness, thrilled that a local gym was opening in Grafton, Ma. I paid my membership...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Anytime Fitness.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug