• show-popup

Product / Service 24 Hour Gym Service
Location Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Category Fitness Centers
Views 628

I signed my name thinking I fully understood what I was getting myself into with Anytime Fitness.Then through my contract I dealt with equipment that needed maintenance, a tanning bed that I was told that 24 hours but they turned into limited hours, creepy old men that worked out there, and a contract that is impossible to get out of.

I'm paying an additional 2 months out of my contract because of their crazy contract policies. Oh and beware of the "free" training sessions....

they expect you to sign up for future sessions that aren't free.This club is way too expensive for what it has to offer, and for a club that prides itself on customer service, there is a complete disregard to its member's problems. 2ff81e9

Comments (14) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 07, 2012  from Fort Gay, West Virginia
I joined there a year ago and sign a 2 yr contract never once went in didn't have the time and I wanted out of it but I couldn't get out I'm having to pay 800 back and not only tht they want to take me to court for non payment now can they do this or just send it to collections? What's the best thing to do pay it or will they send to collections or do they really send people to court ?
Reply to a former person

Mar 13, 2013  from Lindenhurst, New York
@ a former person.....I just got a call from an Attorney stating I was being sued by Anytime for a mambership that only signed up to have for 1 year (this was about 3-4 yrs ago). I paid for the 1 year in full when I signed up. Three years ago I moved to another state where there are no Anytime Fitness centers in my area. My year membership was over before I moved.
I was wondering what happened with your issue. Did you get it resolved or did they sue.
Reply to Same Issue

Feb 22, 2012
How the heck they get off not letting anyone out of their contract. I was told it was a year long and then on a month to month. This place needs to be shut down and sent packing. I have notified my State A G and I will also cancel my bank card first thing in the morning. It is one thing lying to a consumer but not selling my contract and not letting be out of it is war.
Reply to Anytime Fitness is a rip-off

Feb 14, 2012
i too want to get out of m contract ...im not going to pay for a service im not using and when i signed the contract i was specifically told that it only ost 50$ to cancel the agreement....now im finding i cant get out if i wanted unless i change residency come up with proof jump through hoops and they still get my 50$ plus a month....im going to take them to my local court....i signed a two year conract an was misled and it may be cheeper just to uy a court date
Reply to creepy lifter

Jan 17, 2012
:( I signed up after I had my son and was told it was month to month but instead I am having trouble getting out of this contract. I need help! I cant afford this anymore and even if I could the people there suck and are rude.. they are supposed to be there to help you better yourself but instead they just stand around and act like they are better. You may look better than me but you do not have to be rude!
Reply to wishing I didnt sign

Jan 17, 2012
Reply to wishing I didnt sign

Sep 23, 2011
Anytime is the worst gym I have belonged to. They charge more and offer less than anybody else and once you sign a contract forget about customer service, they've got their money and your on your own.
Reply to stayfit

Jun 28, 2011
I hate this club, it is a total rip off. Members get little to none for what they are charged compared to other gyms. Anything and everything is extra $$$. I realized this in less than a week after signing up. I went to cancel my contract 5 days later and was told to see the fine print where it states contracts can only be canceled within 3 days of signing. Isn't standard around 14-30 days? Not to mention we stated over and over when we signed up that we wanted a month to month contract, but the owner pushed my husband into signing the yearly contract. Never sign a contract with this gym.
Reply to Aj

Nov 23, 2010
Chuck Runyon, CEO of Anytime Fitness and Peter Taunton, CEO of Snap Fitness are all about the $$$. This is prevalent when I was involved and why I am no longer. Their greed and selfishness is only rivaled by the people they bring to the high levels to join them. Health, fitness, disease prevention, weight loss? YEAH RIGHT! These companies are posers with franchisee contracts that heavily favor corporate and methodically drain the owners.
Reply to BEND OVER AND SIGN UP...

Apr 26, 2010  from Sha Tin, Hong Kong (Sar)
VERY WELL PUT! Herein lies the problem. Consistency, training, experience, staffing, cleanliness, policies, resigning, etc. with these franchised 24 hour clubs. IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING $$$. The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be. As soon as they realize they cannot break even and will be subsidizing the business and see no end in sight, the real fun begins for members! SOMEONE IS GOING TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE! Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof? RIGHT! Profitable? RIGHT! Easy? RIGHT! They may be trying to survive with an impossible business model. Hear that? It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for a lot of franchisees!
Reply to SOMEONE'S GONNA PAY...

Mar 01, 2010  from Sha Tin, Hong Kong (Sar)
Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin
Reply to Former Snap Fitness Employee

Sep 01, 2009
Exactly why us old, creepy powerlifters don't go to gyms like Anytime. You women in your Oliva Newton-John outfits creep us out...whew!
Reply to John

Jun 19, 2009
The anytime fitness chain is a joke, I have been working for 28 years and am very respectful of equipment. I have never seen a gym with an alarm system inside that is set to go off if noise is made. I have a friend in the alarm business and he says those sensors only go out 6 feet anyway so since i work out in the back i did not set the alarm off which I was accused of and had my membership cancelled, I asked to review the tape which the owner refused to do. They are franchises and cooperate will do nothing. My only solace is looking at 3 cars in their parking lot every morning and having to wait in line at Lifestyles. I hope they understand bankruptcy.
Reply to anytime fitness

Oct 07, 2008
You really think it's the club's fault that some of the members creeped you out? Get a life.
Reply to Anonymous

Read next Anytime Fitness complaint

Company doesn't care about the customer

This review is for Anytime Fitness Corporation and their Norcross, Georgia franchised location.Staff...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Anytime Fitness.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug