• show-popup

Location Austin, Texas
Category Airlines
Views 437
Monetary Loss

I called American Airlines because I was unable to use their site to book due to their technical issue. The rep on the phone said I would have to pay $25 to book by phone even if their site did not work. The lady was very discourteous and eventually hung up on me altogether. Why are they charging consumers to take their money?! Especially if it is their fault in the first place.

I started an online demand to ask them to change this policy. Please join me or start your own!
http://publikdemand.com/d/american-airlines/unfair-25-phone-booking-fee/7db9c382-4d57-11e1-a6e1-1231392761d7 2ee1329

Comments (7) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Sep 13, 2012
Why pay them another $25 when you can go to a better airline? How long does it takes to book a ticket over the phone? Ten minutes? So basically, they can charge $150 an hour and pay their employees $12 an hour. An easy extra $138 per employee each hour. For the customer, you just get the same crappy service before, during, and after the flight.
Reply to JUST BOOK ANOTHER AIRLINE

Mar 01, 2012
The sure-fire remedy, if your blood-pressure can take it, is to telephone web support. Believe it or not, when they confirm there is a web problem, they can direct the call to an agent and no fee.
Reply to Rufus

Feb 28, 2012
I have had similar issues with American Airlines website, but have never been charged when getting phone assistance.
Reply to JSH

Feb 27, 2012
Banks charge phone fees . Book on the computer and stop whining . The bottom line is they want to keep the fare down.
Reply to susie

Feb 19, 2012
I have cut back on my flying by 50 percent because of the way the airlines scam their customers.

I hope they think it is worth it - I cut out a few thousand dollars of travel because I am sick of them.
Reply to Stephan

Feb 02, 2012
Wow for the bathroom! They may all charge but it doesn't make it right, and ultimately we as the consumers have the power ($$$). Thanks for joining my demand.
Reply to courtneypowell

Feb 02, 2012
Unfortunately, they all charge that fee. However, they should wave it when their site is down. I heard recently (not an American airlines) that an airline was going to start charging for bathroom use..amazing.
Reply to Caros

Read next American Airlines complaint

American Airlines ripping off Aadvantage points

AAdvantage has a shopping network that allows members to purchase from businesses and add to their t...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about American Airlines.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug