• show-popup

Shares 0

Ambit Energy - Never late, Debit card stolen, lights turned off ENORMOUS charges

Company Ambit Energy
Product / Service Elecric Utility
Location Mesquite, Texas
Category Utility
Views 679
Monetary Loss

AMBIT ENERGY CUSTOMERS: IMPORTANT, please read!

I had my debit card stolen last month and it was cancelled. Today Ambit turned off my electricity. I am an Ambit rep. They did not e-mail me, snail mail me or call my cell number. They called the house once and did not leave a message (agent told me they were not able to leave a message, but it counts as contacting me anyway). My original bill was: $65.39

I was charged:

$15.64 disconnect fee
$41.70 reconnect fee
$125.00 deposit because my electricity had been turned off
$2.50 to talk to a human being and
$2.50 to pay bey credit card, for a TOTAL of:

$252.73 for a $65.37 bill that was not paid because of a theft. I had NEVER missed a payment, I was never LATE with a payment. This was the FIRST and ONLY time the bill was not paid on time. They also know that I am a rep.

RUN as fast as you can to cancel your Ambit account and get another provider before they *** too. 2e929ab

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 29, 2013  from Richardson, Texas
HAPPY AMBIT,VERY GOOD CASE CLOSED.
Reply to Anonymous

Jan 28, 2013  from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Isn't lying fun?? We couldn't shut off your service if we wanted to, and it sounds like we would've wanted to. The only entity that has any control over shutting off your electric other than you is whoever your distributor is. Ambit is a supplier, not a distributor. You should probably figure out where the problem lies before trying to blame someone other than yourself. People who are considering Ambit for a provider, ask a normal customer what they think of us. Ask someone who is getting their free energy credit every month and pays nothing for energy supply. Anyone can complain when they don't get their way. WWW.FREEUTILIITES.ORG
Reply to Happy Ambit

Mar 01, 2013
Ambit is the supplier and not the distributor! If you really were a consultant you would know how to read your bill! They have a great reputation. My family member recommend I give them a try and it has been the best suggestion! Find out who really is taking advantage of you because its surely not Ambit!!!!!!!!@@
Reply to so true

Read next Ambit Energy complaint

Took My Money Unauthorized!!

TERRIBLE COMPANY!!! Took money out my bank account unauthorized after I canceled the auto pay online...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Ambit Energy.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug