• show-popup

Shares 0

Alibris, checkout error message costly

Company Alibris
Location Dallas, Texas
Category Online Shopping
Views 59

Alibris is the first bad online shopping experience I ever had and I will NEVER use them again.During the checkout process I would get a message in red about technical difficulties and then nothing would happen, no confirmation, nothing.

But when I checked my email (which in hind sight I wish would have done sooner), BAM, there are the orders processed. I ended up getting the same 2 books when I just needed 1.

They must not have the necessary computer/network resources for processing efficiently.Their checkout process is convoluted if you want to start over unsure of your shopping status.
2f105ba

Comments (2) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 12, 2012
Well things turned out ok, kind of. I was able to intercept one of the orders before any processing. The one I did get had mold on the corner of every page for about 2-3 inches. Because of this I was refunded the full amount (shipping/handling included). I felt Alibris was intent on getting things righted.
Reply to jpvrla

Feb 13, 2012
Sorry for the trouble. Will you please contact me directly so I can assist you? Send an email to info@alibris.com with "Attn: Amy" in the subject line so your message will come to me. Thanks!
Reply to We're here to help!

Read next Alibris complaint

Alibris cancelled my order due to no inventory!

Days after cancelling due to the seller (CAMPUSBOOKRENTALS) not having the book available (and charg...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Alibris.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug