• show-popup

Product / Service Cash Award Scam
Location Ocala, Florida
Category Advertisements and Cons
Views 332

THEY SENT ME LETTER FROM PBM 130 1 HEWITT SQUARE, EAST NORTHPORT, NY 11731.NATURE OF THE DOCUMENT,(NAME EXCLUDED) YOU HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED AS THE WINNER OF A CASH AWARD BY A.B.M.

THIS IS NOT AN ERROR. YOUR CASH AWARD HAS BEEN REGISTERED IN OUR OFFICE AND YOU ARE FURTHER CERTIFIED FOR PROCUREMENT OF ADVISORY FOLIO TO ACCESS THE AMOUNT SO ENTERED BELOW ***2,997,500.00***. ISSUE NUMBER 003-819122, REFERENCE NUMBER 50112275520. CLAIMANT FOLIO RELEASE DOCUMENT ABM F04.

PAYMENT AGENT SIGNED BY ETHAN JAMES, ISSUE DATE 07/18/2013 AND THE DEAD LINE IS 08/01/2013. REQUESTING A SIGNATURE FROM ME THAT I CONFIRM BEING DULY NAMED AS CASH AWARD WINNER AND DO HEARBY STATE I AM OF LEGAL AGE AND THE ADDRESS ENTERED ABOVE (MY ADRESS) IS TRUE AND CORRECT. IF THE ADDRESS IS INCORRECT, PLEASE ENTER NEW ADDRESS WHERE INDICATED. CHECK BELOW ASAPPLICABLE: 1.

SEND MY CHECK UPON RECEIPT OF THIS DOCUMENT. 2. SEND MY FOLIO RELEASE FOR ASSESSMENT TO THE AMOUNT SO NOTED ABOVE 2,997.500.00 AND IN THE OFFICIAL LETTER FOR WHICH I ENCLOSE THE FOLLOWING RELEASE FEE. 3.

AMOUNT DUE FOR RELEASE: $20.00 CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO A.B.M. DO NOT DELAY. THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED FOR TRYING TO STEAL FROM THE POOR.

IF YOU WIN MONEY YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY TO RECEIVE IT.THAT IS THE WORST SCAM I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. 3010cbd

Comments (23) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 23 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 15
Since I work for the Post Office, I will be turning this letter over to the Postal Inspectors. They'll probably direct me to their online Mail Fraud complaint section I'll fill that out, but I also will give the letter to the Post Master General where I work. I encourage everyone who as received this letter to do the same.
Online complaint filing: http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx
and, of course, take the letter to your post office and let them file a complaint on your behalf.
Reply to Mark

Jan 14
That is a scam. My husband needs a liver transplant. That is evil people who would this. God will catch up to u. I am faxing that to the FBI.
Reply to swonwhite

Jan 13  from Mount Holly, New Jersey
Why would anyone send out a huge pack of lies. So many people are struggling> There aren't any jobs money is seriously tight. How could they do this when everyone knows that this is a scam.
To send out this tyoe of letter is very hurtful.
Please do not fall for this scam. No one will give you 2,997,500 dollars. Just think how many people has received this type of leeter there is no way they can afford to pay out this amount of money. Yet if they collect 20 dollars from all of us they are just making their pocke fat.
They should be turn over t the sec. Call your local govement and file a compliant
Reply to Stupid

Dec 09, 2013
I sent a signed form in with the box marked mail me my check instead of the folio thing wich made no sense to me at all.

there were two boxes in one part of the letter it said print your name clearly well I signed it then at the end of the letter it states your signature is required

either a check comes in the mail or it doesent and I'm guessing it doesent like you I am aware of the law and you are correct if it truly is a sweepstakes you need send no money like now or ever.
Reply to wife 13

Dec 07, 2013
Why on this good Earth are these corrupt people allowed to keep doing this? Why is the government not involved in prosecuting these jerks?

People, anytime somebody ask you to send money for a prize you've won, It's a scam I don't care how big the prize is or how small the amount you have to send in to receive it,,, It's still a scam.

Personally,, I'd like to beat the *** ou :sigh :x :( :( t of these crooks. :upset :roll
Reply to spacemanc

Dec 01, 2013
I received a letter yesterday, my first thought was why would you have to send money to receive money and why is the letter not more official. I still was curious in checking out how many people were affected.
Reply to no fool

Nov 12, 2013  from Tucson, Arizona
We got the same letter n we knew it wad a scam, the funny thing is that, I'm using the letter w/ the ammount my *** tray... :grin ,)

Reply to lucky

Nov 12, 2013
I just received the same letter in the mail today I might just send it in without the money and see what they do.
Reply to sandy

Nov 23, 2013
Yep That's what i am going to do...
Reply to Anonymous

Nov 08, 2013
My wife got one of these today. I immediately pulled up this web site and was not surprised that it is a scam. I hope no one loses on this.

Reply to Jim

Oct 16, 2013
Thanks for the heads up these creeps should be deleted

Reply to blacky

Sep 23, 2013
I just received the exact letter on Saturday.. I agree that its the worst scam ever and people have to understand.. If it seems to good to be true, it is! I ripped it up and didn't think twice.. Just to think its people out here who really believe its true..
Reply to candy

Sep 20, 2013
Ha got the same letter myself. Think I'll mail them back with a nice "friendly" letter, may even give them a penny for laughs.
Reply to Zero1242

Sep 13, 2013
We just got one as well, but I turned it over a dread the fine print. The cash prizes total the$2,997,500 , but ontheback the individual prizes range from$1 to$10,000, so you send them $20 and get $1 back if anything. SCAM! We just shredded the notice.
Reply to Barbara

Sep 08, 2013  from Denver, Colorado
Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell, PMB 130, 1 Hewitt square East Northport, NY 11731
Wanted same 20.00 For 2,997,5000.00
Processing Department, PMB 410, 17625 Union TPKE, Fresh Meadows, NY 11366-1515.
Colorado
I think I'll donate that $20.00 To the Dumb Friends league.
Reply to Almost Taken

Aug 28, 2013  from Newburgh, New York
I also received a letter from them saying I won over for million dollars. I knew it was a scam because there's is no way you are going to win money unless you play the lottery. They need to be punished for what there doing to the poor like us. everyone who was a victim of there crime should be able to sue them for what they have done. :( :eek
Reply to minni3

Aug 22, 2013
O.M.GOD I JUST GOT THIS LETTER YESTERDAY,AND FOR SOME REASON I HAD TO CHECK ON LINE FIRST AND I'M SO HAPPY I DID. ALL I CAN SAY IS....WOW !!!
Reply to SUGARMAMA

Nov 25, 2013  from Daytona Beach, Florida
Im glad I checked this out and I thought it was a scam any way but I like and need money so I had to check it out and good thing too I hate scams. Im glad there is a site like this.
Reply to TheWatchdog

Aug 21, 2013  from Killeen, Texas
Glad I read all this... I got a letter today.. I wouldn't of sent them anything anyway, but glad for sites like this:)
Reply to Anonymous

Aug 12, 2013
Just received the same letter. What scam.. The Postal Inspector should get involved, they can used get these scammers by using the stamp system they used... PRSRT AUTO - FIRST -CLASS , ZIP 89119, # 0801-1052809.... I am sure that the Postal Inspector can put a stop to this, hey but what the heck, the Post Office is making money by the scammers who are scamming people. what a vicious cycle.
Reply to CaptChris

Read next Addleshaw Bird and Mitchell complaint

Ms. Phyllis Angelo

They sent me a letter and my name wasn't even spelled right.i threw it in the trash after i shredded...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Addleshaw Bird and Mitchell.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug