• show-popup

Company Aarons Rents
Location Birmingham, Alabama
Category Furniture and Decor
Views 247

We purchased a brand new riding lawnmower even after renting one from another Aaron's store.Both times the mower cut terribly uneven.

The first store did send me monthly statements and "serviced" the mower twice trying to fix the problem. The second delivered the brand new mower and sent a store manager to our home with a lengthy contract for us to sign. When I contacted the store about my statement or even to inquire about how much my paymt was, I was informed I was 3 days late and had to pay that day "or else". I told them I was making my paymt on Friday, 3 days later, but it wasn't good enough for the man on the phone.

I told them not only did it chop up my yard but I had to air the front tires before using it.

My husband called them and told them to come get it.Now I have a bill for $800 and the fine print on the contract states that by the time I paid the 24 months, I would have paid $3400 plus for this BOBO mower. 2e155bf

Comments (2) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jul 13, 2013  from Macclenny, Florida
Hey to the person who said you don't read contracts. This company is ruthless. Our tv was stolen and they said" It sounds like an inside job, you still owe for it. " Even with a police report. Only after calling the district manager did they take it off the account. They said I still owed, even if it was stolen. I told them they had insurance on their item - as I did not own it outright yet and could not get insurance on a rental. Oh well, live and learn I guess.
Reply to Dah

Aug 10, 2010
So you don't read contracts before reading them?

HOLY *** ARE PEOPLE REALLY THIS ***?
Reply to duuuuude

Read next Aarons Rents complaint

RACISM REARING ITS UGLY HEAD AT AARONS

I WENT BACK TO AARONS RECENTLY AFTER RENTING A COMPUTER FOR A YR FR THEM.MY PROBLEM WAS WITH MY KEYB...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Aarons Rents.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug